Re: looking for a scirocco (canada)

>  i'm not looking to buy (though i would if the price was right), but i
>was curious as to up what year the 8v's were available. i know canada
>got the scirocco until '90. were there any special 8v models that
>canadiens were able to get? ideally, i'd like to find a '89 or '90 8v in
>very good condition overall, for about $1500 CAN. any info? thanx.

Well, as far as I know, Rocco's we're made up to '89 in Canada.
I've never seen anything past '89 here...

The only cool thing that Canada got that US didn't was a Slegatto
(8v w/16v Body Kit, Color Matched Interior and GTi Rims.) It seems
that this summer, they we're all over the place. As far as a good
condition rocco is Canada... Doesn't seem existant. :)
At least not on the east coast. I had to go to the states to find a
decent rocco. (Daun!!!!!! Yer the best!) :)

Every Scirocco that I see where I am (Quebec) is a rusted ass
box, and if you do find a sweet one, it's over $10,000. True Story.
I think that I would rank in the top 3 cleanest 16v rocco's in all of
Montreal, or from what I have seen. There could be some 16v's stashed
away that I have never seen before. And also, when I got my 16v, it didn't
look half of anything as it does now...

Go figure.

GL.

Paul
87' Scirocco 16v
86' Rusted Salt Invested Canadian BOTCHROCCO