Re: Noisy blower motor in dash (Tech Procedure)

> Procedure would be:

<snip!>

  damn, lauri, you did it the long way. i've done the same thing
numerous times on my '85 with just a regular philips screwdriver, socket
wrench, and combination wrench. this is how i did it:

1) pop hood and remove rain tray
2) unscrew passenger side knee padding
3) reach up and unscrew three screws holding the vent housing to the
body
4) remove the knee try from the drivers side
5) reach up and remove the nut from the bolt (comb. wrench on bolt head)
6) pull housings out (don't remove vacuum lines)
7) pop cover off blower (lift front up first)
8) remove the one screw holding the blower motor in place
9) pull motor towards you and to the left (there is a small rubber foot
on the back)
10) unplug the wires from the inside (should be one big plug)

  installation is reverse of above. this is for a mk2 ('84 to '86 at
least). i'm not sure what lauri's car is (the three plugs part confuses
me). also, my way won't give you as much clearance, but after having to
mess with it every week (finally over with!), this just became easier
for me.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com