RE: Noisy blower motor in dash (Tech Procedure)

Save yourself a big job and take the blower motor
out from under the hood. I just swapped my blower
motor as it burnt in and didn't work at all. I just
bought new one and swapped in within 15 minutes.

Procedure would be:
Find some small screwdrivers
Open the hood
remove windshield wipers
Remove windshield wiper mechanism
Unscrew the blower motor (with small screwdrivers)
Remove driver side under dash tray
Remove the plastic that covers the wires
Disconnect blower motor (Three wires)
Take out the blower motor
(This is the hardest part, as you must to some
creative thinking to get it out, but it'll
come out or at least in my case it came out.
Hint try to bring it out from the left side,
you have to use some force to make it happen,
but nothing serious)
Then put the new blower motor in (same way as you took it out)
Connect the wires
Put everything back as it was

And you're done
It took me 15-20 minutes to complete.

Lauri!
'84 1.8 16v Scirocco GTX Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)
http://www.ttu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
I finally added nothing new to my site!