arrggh! i'm so pissed! (aka: wtb 1 tsw alpine)

driving home in atlanta yesterday, i had the misfortune to fall in a crater
left by the atlanta dpw. this thing took up half the right lane, was about 1
ft deep, and had vertical walls (with corrosponding 90 deg angles); they did
road work (apparently) over the weekend, and left this thing completely
unmarked, coming around a bend (35 mph speed limit). i hit it doing 35, and
couldn't believe how bent my wheel ended up. it was like hitting a big curb
straight on. anyway, i bent a wheel, my tire has a big bubble in it, and my
alignment is most likely screwed. the car shakes like crazy above FIFTEEN
mph. i'm going to the dpw offices now to see if they'll do anything, then
it's off to file in small claims court.  i figure i have about $400 worth of
damage with all new stuff. does anybody have an extra tsw alpine wheel (15 x
6.5) or avs intermediate (195/50/15) with about 2/3 tread left? otherwise
i'll need a new wheel, 2 new tires, alignment, + mounting/balancing. has
anyone ever tried suing over something like this? or other remedy? i'll post
follow up...
sorry about the rant, but i'm sure that if i looked in a mirror right now
i'd have steam coming out of my ears...
-michael

http://profiles.msn.com.