Re: mfg date, parts confusion

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000 07:08:12 -0700 (PDT) Jorel <jorel140@yahoo.com>
writes:

>  The brake pads I got for my '87 16v were the wrong
> kind. It turns out the right ones were the ones listed
> for an '86 scirocco. The parts person asked me to look
> at the manufacture date inside the driver's side door.
> It read December of 1986. Despite the title, which
> says '87, the parts person says this is actually a
> late model '86. Ever run into this before? I notice
> you have an '87 as well. Anyone else out there run
> into this? I hate ending up with the wrong
> parts...very frustrating.
>
> Jorel Jackson
> 85 8v
> 87 16v

They probably gave you 8V pads, and/or the application catalog is wrong.

All 16V Sciroccos take the same pads, 227A/340.

Some 8V Sciroccos came with rear disc, according to the application
catalogs,
but they had the smaller GTI pads in the front, that's probably what they
looked up.

Btw, a 12-86 is not a late '86, it is a mid '87, 6-86 would be a late
'86.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"