Re: High perf clutch recommendation?

>I'm look for the voices of experience here.  I want a clutch stronger than
>stock (2 liter 16V) but I'm not sure far I should go with it.  I need
>serious power handling (for the pending turbo install) but it needs to be
>"streetable", not grabby or akin to an ON/OFF switch for the racetrack.

You might want to consider combining the (pretty decent) stock 2L 16v
clutch (old style, not A3 superceed) with a high performance pressure
plate.  I actually have that Sachs sport pressure plate, and the set
up really hooks up, and isn't too difficult to work for street use...but
the effort is significantly higher then stock, but clamping seems
dramatically more 'positive'...somewhere between the stock slippyness
and the on/off of a racing clutch.

>Also scratching my head wondering why a standard Sachs pressure plate is $67
>but a "Sport" Sachs pressure plate is a whopping $226 (from Velocity).

Except for the fact that the sport plate appears much much more heavy
duty...I don't know.  I bought mine from Mike so I don't believe I paid
quite so much.

>Recommendations?  Please e-mail to me directly as I am on the digest and
>won't see list mail until tomorrow morning.
>
>Bradley
>btpeet@effervescent.com

good luck, let us know how things are going.

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net