Re: Spark plugs

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000 21:39:05 EDT PreCORRADO@aol.com writes:

>That's why Beru raves about there SILVERstones ( I personally hate
them).

As do I. They behave much like the Bosch Silbers. Get many miles on them
and the canter electrode falls out. Ive had that happen a few times
before I learned my lesson. Never again.

>Bosch Platinums are the best all around plug.  Good conductor, self
cleaning,
>and durable.

I completely disagree. While they're fine for the everyday commuter car,
I don't think they're anywhere near even being a "good all around plug".
They're designed for light duty, IE commuter type service.

I find that most ANY Nipondenso or NGK plug (Pick a heat range.) will
perform better in a performance use role. I really like the NGK triple
electrode plug for its performance and LONG-LONG life. (I forget the part
number.) To me its a great all around plug.

>Bosch has been making spark plugs for over a hundred
>years, they know their shit!

While they do make alot of fine products, I think they lack in the spark
plug production department. They tend to be one step behind the "other"
brands when they come out with a new product. (As an example the platinum
plugs were first introduced by NGK. then ND's, and eventually Bosch.)
Just the same, id use a set of Bosch plugs (Not Silbers either!) over ANY
Champion, Delco, Autolite or any other freak US made spark plug. There's
not alot wrong with Bosch plugs (Except the Silbers) but since they've
cost me some money, ill not be purchasing ANY Bosch plug in my lifetime.
(at least not on purpose.)   :)

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V                   84' Scirocco 8V <--NEW
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   81' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!