Flames from exhaust....HOW TO . . Dan's way

I used to have this problem. From time to time I still do but not as much.
Step 1:
 Shave 16v Cyl head down and gain a 12.5:1 compression ratio.
Step 2:
 Port match head /exhaust manifold/ and TT's oversized racing downpipe. (2.0
inner diam.)
Step 3:
 Nice free flow exhaust.
Step 4:
 Toss the muffler and replace with "can" style muffler (looks like a huge
resonator)
Step 5:
 Get cam gear and timing light. not sure if I was advanced or retarded 6
degree's
Step 6:
 Run the car lean at idle with 93 or higher octane fuel.

It worked for me! got the melted jetta big bumper to prove it.

Or if you are really bored do a quick g60 or turbo conversion and throw on a
race pulley or reconfigured turbine. Fuel enrichment kit and full race
exhaust from head back. That set up is good for 8 to 12 inch flames when you
shift gears from full throttle.

Or if you want to remain a 16v N/A motor try running headers and carbs.

With all set ups you have to fiddle a little.

Oh yeah with the g60 I ended up blowing up the super charger after a year or
two of this set up.

I like having these set ups rather then an extra fuel injector in my pipe.
Its my fear of gas and fire. Who knows. If someone shows me how to do it I'll
try it!

Later
~Danny~
88 16v