Re: [eng] info wanted

"Foxx (in a box)" wrote:

> i was looking through .org and saw that someone in ohio (named carry)
> put a vr6 into his scirocco. anyone have his e-mail address or that of
> someone who's swapped a vr6 into an a1 car? never mind a 1.8t or a 2.0l
> 16v, i'm wanting to know about the vr6.

Arrgh.  I would NEVER want a VR6 in the nose of my 'roc.  Having owned 2
VR6-equipped GTI's (Mk3 & Mk4), I can tell you that those cars are nose-
heavy, understeering pigs.. put that lump into a 'roc, and there goes ANY
handling prowess the car had..

> also, since there are variations in the 1.8l of our sciroccos, are
> there differences between the vr6's offered in the various other vw's?
> extra horsepower in a corrado vs. passat vr6? consequently, does anyone
> know of a vr6 mailing list?

The Mk4 cars have a "new and improved" VR6 with a trick variable intake
manifold, and fly-by-wire throttle controlled by new Motronic system.

There is a GTI VR6 mailing list, but if you think the static level is
high here, that thing is completely out of control..

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0