Why wont my car start?

Zach Vrooman wrote:

> <scirocco content>
>
> Can anyone tell me why my 'rocc won't start and run unless i hold the gas
> pedal to the floor?? I can't figure it out, and I gotta do something with
> the damn car, as the registration expires at the end of the month, and I
> gotta do something with the thing. If you have the gas pedal anywhere but to
> the floor, it won't start, and the damn thing floods out. I'm puzzled. It's
> an '86 8v, BTW.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Zach
> 86 8v
> 89 S10
> 91 S15 (lowered 3", hell yeah)

Sound like an air leak somewhere. You minimize the effect it has to the
fuel air ratio by opening the throttle wide open.

Has anyone been 'tinkering' with the fuel Dist? Leave it alone. Look for
clogged fuel filter, fuel delivery coming out of a pulled injector onto
a jar, weak spark, leaky injector seals, cracks in the rubber/ plastic
components the air travels into t he engine.

You _do_ have a Bentley, right?  :)

TBerk