RE: rotor and brake pads, 16v

You're talking about the one screw on the face of the rotor between two of
the lug holes, that holds the rotor onto the hub, right? Use Liquid Wrench
(works better than grease or WD-40). Heat from a torch and vibrations from a
mallet will also help you. If you're lucky, it will come out. If it doesn't,
be prepared to use an ez-out or drill the screw out to get the rotor
off...happens all the time. It's made of pretty soft metal, so it shouldn't
be difficult.

You don't even need to replace it if you don't want to. All that little
screw does is hold the rotor to the hub while the wheel is off. The wheel
and lug nuts are what actually carry the stress once the car is on the
ground.

Neal