Re: [8V] Low Compression in Cylinder 2

How is the car running now?  My '84 GLI has the same type of a simptom, but
it has 80 psi in the second cylender.  But the car runs like ass, i have a
head to replace the current one wiht, but i dont' know weather it is a
burned valve or if it is infact a dead cylender.  But i have reduced it to
one of the two.  If you have a way to do a leak down test on the engine,
that should tell you weather it is the cylender, or the head.  If it is just
the head you should just be able to pop a new one on with a new head gasket
and head bolts and you are good to go.  Let me know how the car is currently
running.  Mine runs and drives, but it basicly feels like it is running on 3
cylenders, really rough and weak as hell.

This is  unlike my 16v rocco, on the way to Daun's this year.....hehe, Rich,
Peter, Jan, and Doug know what i mean.  80mph on 3 cylenders!  hehe  i love
my 16v!

Jason Arms (Essex, VT)

'87 Scirocco 16v
'88 Jetta GLI 16v (New winter car)