RE: Tires (50mm intakes)

As I understand, electromagnetic valvetrains have been attempted but have
not yet been feasible for production.  I think the early efforts used so
much power that there was nothing left for the wheels or something like
that.

There's a push towards 42V electrical systems in cars, but I expect the US
may be the last major market to see them (behind Japan and Europe).  This
will make electrically-driven accessories more feasible so they can be
driven only on demand, such as A/C, power steering, water pump, etc.  More
importantly to us, though, is the fact that it will make an
electromechanical valvetrain much easier to accomplish.  According to the
trade magazines I've seen (Ward's Auto World, Automotive Industries), this
stuff isinthe development stages right now and the 42V system is just down
the road.  I believe there are suppliers that are already offering
electrically driven, on-demand power steering modules that improve fuel
economy and reduce assembly costs, but I'm not aware of any cars that use
them at this time.