From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Kevin Collins
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2000 12:27 AM
To: Captnbr@aol.com
Cc: ewanhopkins@hotmail.com; Scirocco-L@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Tires (Now1.8T)

Captnbr@aol.com wrote:

> I was just reading an article at the gym yesterday about the Golf 1.8T and
> how VW purposely  underrated the 1.8t so as not to compete too much with
> the VR6.  Sound logical to me, I would not pay 2 grand extra for a v6 just
> for a couple more horsepower.

Sounds like a recent blurb in EC.. which lately has about as much
credibility
as the Enquirer.  I seriously doubt that ALL 1.8T's are pushing more than
the specified power.. maybe a few, and I can easily believe that test cars
they give the mags are putting out more.  But all of 'em?  That's a stretch,
and would obviously be easy to prove if true.. and I haven't seen anybody
come forward with the proof (i.e. a bunch of dyno runs on separate cars).

Side comment: went to Vegas last weekend in the Passat, got 34.3 mpg in each
direction averaging about 85mph+, pulling huge hills and passes, and topping
100 at times.  Awesome!

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0