16V Tuning

Well, I finally got to test drive my 16V project.  Albeit the brakes still
need to be bleed, I thoroughly enjoyed the two minute ride.  However, now
the time comes to set the fuel mixture and the timing to stock settings so
that I can properly break in the motor.

The wiring is from a 88 Scirocco 16V.  I've located the dwell meter hook up
and I need to know what to set that to.  Presently, I think that it's at
30%.  Aint that rich?  Am I to assume that it should be at about 45%?  What
else do I need to check?  I'm new to the 16V world but have some experience
with the 8Vs.

Finally, how on earth do those digital timing lights work.  I'm attempted to
set the timing on my 8V and I was told that I did it wrong.  DO those
digital timing guns need to be calibrated or does the user need to be
educated on how to use it?

So what do I need to do? Fuel mixture, timing set at what, etc. Thanks guys
and make me a happy 16V driver cuz I'm not really happy with the car right
now.  Sure she may look nice but it's far from being the ideal vehicle which
I had initially envisioned.

TIA

Sal
81 Scirocco S 16V