mostly non-roc update

Hello,

Haven't written scirocco email in a while.  Some folks
were interested in updates on my porsche 914 V8
project/monstrosity. . . talk about bastard car.  The
Americans won't accept me and the Germans won't
either.  One ride will make you a believer though when
I'm done. . . all religion aside.  Here's my progress
to date.

I have a chassis completely stripped and prepping for
paint. . . welding in an Autopower bolt-in style cage
with my own reinforcements. . . w/ door bars.  Rear GT
chassis stiffening kit also needs to be welded in. . .
purchased 12" 23mm vented front brakes with Girling 4
piston calipers from Volvo 750 adapted to  Boge strut
housings/spindles from '74 911.  New Koni inserts all
around with rear coilovers (195 lb. linear springs).
Front 22mm torsion bars.  Purchased a 930 turbo 4
speed transmission with factory LSD.  R&P will need to
be reversed for reverse rotation (Mid engine).  The
strong gearbox will be mated to a new Chevy small
block 350. . . 380 hp fastburn385 crate motor.  430hp
if I change rockers and cam.  I will need to get a 21
or 19 mm front swaybar to complete the suspension.
Website will be up shortly.

On the scirocco end of the spectrum, I've got a dead
16v which I'm putting a 2.0 short block in. . . going
to have the head re-built.  And another dead 16v
that's going into the shop to diagnose engine noises.
. . (valves?) mabe.  Why do they all have to break at
once?!!!!

-'Chung