Re: PVW Waterfest coverage

Kevin Collins wrote:

> Just picked up the October issue of PVW.  They have extensive Waterfest
> coverage, with (surprise - not!) only ONE 'rocco picture, despite the
> strong turnout - a small shot of the 1.8T Mk1 that we all drooled over.
>
> However - there was a decent little blurb in the text, as follows:
>
> "While the Mk1 Golf was undersubscribed, Sciroccos blossomed.  There were
> rows and rows of them and even seemed to dominate the spring circuit (?).
> Technically, most interesting was Yarrow Throne's 1981 Scirocco S.  He works
> for Adrenalin Motorsports in Massachusetts and has installed a 1.8T engine
> for which he's claiming 400bhp with hybrid turbo and custom Spearco charge-
> cooler that has an integral water reservoir.  The same installation was
> used in a Corrado 1.8T....."
>
> Well, that's at least a HALF-decent mention, and they didn't even shit on
> us or call them hairdresser's cars!   ;D

Hey, I know Yarrow! He is head of my chapter of club H20. Although I
didnt get to Waterfest I saw the buildup of his car. I have repeatedly
begged him to join the list but he hasn't yet. He has a wealth of
information to share the son of bitch. Everyone email him to join. His
email is  scirockdesign@hotmail.com

Lincoln