RE: messed up wiper arm

<snip Adam>
Anyone know a temp fix that I could do until I locate a replacement?
<end snip>

Strictly talking a quick fix and not a true substitute for a proper
replacement, you could try plumbers Teflon tape on the post coming up
through the hood.  It would make the post a little wider and the connection
more malleable, possibly allowing you to clamp down the stripped wiper arm.
Give this a try and then take a test ride to the local car parts store or
junkyard to buy the proper replacement.

- Brad
'86.5 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v
'76 International Scout II