RE: Top speed

Mike wrote:
<snip>
My friends rocco could get up to 140. It was mostly
stock...just had TT exhaust, and a K&N I think. No internal mods at all, and

it was a 1.8.
<snip>

Must have been a pretty steep hill for a Mk2 16V.. LOL.
Ok, just kidding....

Was that with the stock gearbox? That would be like 7K wouldn't' it?

I tried this with my old Cosmos81S with JH, 2H w/ .75 5th, G-grind, 5KTB,
euro dist., BVM header, 2" exh.-no cat, and K&N/fresh air from high-beam
bucket.
Got up to around 125mph (guestimated with 110 mph speedo), it was singing
well over 5K but It was windy and I was not brave enough to push it further.
Without the K&N it would have probably only been about 100mph tho'...:-)

Got up to 115 or so (Hwy 5) with the Mars Rover but wasn't really trying,
just breaking in the motor. Cruised like that for 15+ min. till traffic came
up.
Same mods (came from the RIP car above) with more displacement (tt engine)
and FF tranny should be good for 130+.
Need to install my 220km speedo and then I'll try it next time I'm out on
Hwy 5

Randy B
Mars 81S - techtonics tuning 1847cc 8V
Cosmos 81S - future project - dreaming of 200-220hp.
87 Jetta GLI 16V - daily driver

	Yeah, something is wrong. My friends rocco could get up to 140. It
was mostly
	stock...just had TT exhaust, and a K&N I think. No internal mods at
all, and
	it was a 1.8.

	Mike
	http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel <http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel>

	'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
	'84-Rabbit GTI - uh.....
	'77-Rabbit - project
	'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed,
widebody?)