Re: Top speed

In a message dated 11/29/00 2:31:54 PM Pacific Standard Time,
BrianandDeborah@aol.com writes:

I'm curious as to what 1.8 16V owners have experienced as a top speed.  My
88
Rocc has a K&N filter in a modified airbox, TT race downpipe, and TT
exhaust.
Yet I can only get about 110mph, 115 if I'm lucky.  It gets to about 5
grand
in fifth and not much more.  As a matter of fact the only gear I can
redline
is 1st.  after that it struggles at about 5 and a half.  I figure I have a
fuel problem but can't quite figure it out.  What do you guys think

Yeah, something is wrong. My friends rocco could get up to 140. It was mostly
stock...just had TT exhaust, and a K&N I think. No internal mods at all, and
it was a 1.8.

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - uh.....
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)