R.I.P. '84; '82 found in junkyard

The junkyard people came and took it away today.  They pulled it out of my
garage onto a rollback trailer.  Looked pretty funny going down the road
with no wheels or front brakes or taillights.  In that condition, I saw just
how hideous the thing looked while I was driving it, and it makes me more
appreciative of my '82.

Incidentally, they have an '82 ("Fuel Injection" badge on hatch - was that
'82 only, or did it continue to '83?) in the same yard in Columbus, IN.
When I saw it, it appeared to be intact.  Black with maroon interior.
Assuming it is in fact an '82, it would have a mono wiper assembly
available.  I don't have time to go pull it, but I just wanted to let people
know it's there if anyone wants it.

Aaron
'82 Scirocco
'70 Beetle