hydralic lifter not opening all the way?

i finally got my turbo back on.. after eliminating the turbo. that "noise"
is still there. it almost seems like the engine is out of breath. now since
the turbo is back on. it's loud once again. It almost seems like a valve or
lifter is not opening all the way. The car idles perfectly fine. It's when
you step on it underload, is when the noise is apparent. is it possible for
a valve not opening all the way? any kind of tests i can do with the cam
off? Because of that noise. i think that's what is regulating my boost. i
can't get any boost after 10psi.

BTW:Boy.... the power is back and man. it feels good.. haha.. i went by a
pack of hondas with pop can wings on and made my blow off valve go off.. it
was funny.. all their heads turned..

Thanks
Wing Gee
http://www.turborocco.com (almost there)