RE: Motor mount nightmare

Why bother when you can get one already *correctly* pressed in all black and
shiny from Techtonics Tuning.
Call them at (503) 843-2700
Save yourself the scraped knuckles, pulled muscles, and possible injury that
might send you to the emergency room.
Just my $.02 worth.

Randy B
Mars 81S - techtonics tuning 1847cc 8V
Cosmos 81S - future project
87 Jetta GLI 16V - daily driver

	I would be careful buying any tool that would attempt to replace a
hydraulic press. I haven't used one of the arbors sold by RMM, but I have
done it a few times with a hydraulic press here at work, and even with the
hydraulic press it takes quite a lot of pressure to get the mounts out of
the brackets. Sometimes you have to build up the pressure until they snap
loose. I don't think I would try anything else--unless it was a money back
guarantee.

	As a side note, one time when I did my front wheel bearings, I
rented that tool that's supposed to press them out with them still on the
car----Ha! That thing was a joke! Call me whimpy if you want, but I couldn't
get either one to budge a hair! I ended up having to dissassemble
everything, bring it to work, and use the hydraulic press here to press them
out.

	I love tools, but I'll pass on this one and put my money on a
hydraulic press for my garage.

	BTW, I'm getting a good deal on a used MIG welder--picking it up
tomorrow...anyone wanna' teach me how to weld?

	--Theron