Re: Motor mount nightmare

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000 15:11:38 -0800 (PST) "T. Reed"
<treed2@u.washington.edu> writes:

> > Once more, there most likely won't be anyplace open to get it
> pressed on that saturday morning you choose to tackle the project. Make
sure they
> put the  mount in right side up though!!
>
> That makes me think of something - did anybody see the "motor mount
> arbor" for sale from Rocky Mountain Motorworks? It looks like you
> could use that to press the mount in yourself. Anybody got one?
>
> -Toby
>
> --
> '87 16v

If you have a press...

It is just an arbour, a piece of steel the same diameter as the mount,
you would still need a press.

At first I was all excited, looked it up and then saw that it was just an
arbour, a single piece of steel.
I thought it might be a smaller copy of the Schley front wheel bearing
installer, designed to push the old mount out and press the new one in.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"
'84 Scirocco, RD/FF