Re: Rims & Wheels

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000 20:03:12 -0800 Kevin Collins <kcollins1@socal.rr.com>
writes:
> Jason wrote:
>
> > Basically I want to buy 15" rims and the widest tires possible for
> the Roc, I'm am probably going with Toyo Proxys and TSW's Hockenheim
> R's...Any ides ??? I know little to nothing about tires sizes, so I
need
> guidance...
>
> May I suggest OEM BBS rims, either from a Corrado G60, or late Mk2
> GTI or  GLI??
It is the late 16V GTI...
I looked closely at the set I had and I was surprised to find, that they
are not a 2 or 3 piece wheel even though everybody calls them that...
The late GLi has similar BBS wheels, but they do not have the fake 2/3
piece look, (w/bolts) and I hear that they are stronger.

>They look *just right* on our cars, are 15", and are generally pretty
easy to find at reasonable prices.
> I'm not sure whether they're 6" or 6.5", nor what the biggest tire they
will accomodate (I'm a 195/50/15 man
> myself), but for me, either of these are the only way to fly..  :D

They look especially good on a Mk.1...

The GTI BBS wheels are 15 x 6.5" and the GLi BBS wheels are 6".

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car, Ronal Turboes, 15 x 7, 195 50 15 HP 71's
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit" MSW Type 1905 "Norelco Shaver"  15 x 6.5, 195 50
15 HP 71's
'84 Scirocco, RD/FF, P wheels, 14 x 6, 185 60 14.
'80, '88 Scirocco rollers