Re: Mk1 Euro Bumpers

Sal Guzzo wrote:

> Can someone tell me if I have euro bumpers on my 81 Scirocco.  The part
> number on the front bumper is: 531 807 821 BDO.  I'm not sure what these
> things  that I have on the car are.  They don't look like the 'americanized'
> bumpers, but they don't sit properly on the car either.  The rebar is bent
> and I need a new one.  Can anyone shed some light for me.  I have pics but
> they're not scanned.

   Sal, here is what the ETKA shows for that part number (excluding the
BDO part)

 http://4.35.245.62/temp/mk1_bumper_cover.jpg    (BTW, this is Euro)

I cant say for sure if the american cover and the euro cover share the
same part number with different suffix?  If the bumper is one piece then
its Euro.  If it has 2 plastic strips that come together in the center &
fit on top of the bumper just under the grill, thats the american
version.

 Andre'
 Lime Green 79
 ICQ #76283458