Re: 16v lower tie bar into Mk1 Chassis

On Sat, 25 Nov 2000 19:18:09 -0800 T Berk <tberk@mindspring.com> writes:

> I was looking at the 16v restoration and got to wondering about 16v
> lower tie bars and how one might retrofit it to an A1 chassis;
>
> <http://www.tylerchase.com/scirocco/images/IM000117.JPG>
>
> Specifically, what do you do for the rear mount points, just drill
> holes? Anything to worry about?
>
> tia,
> TBerk

Just make sure that when you drill the holes, that they line up with the
stressbar perfectly, you don't want to pre-load the stressbar when you
mount it.

I still have to do that to my '79, I can get back to you after I do mine,
if you want.
One thing that I plan on doing is spraying it with primer, paint and/or
undercoating.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"