No Subject

Thanks for the advice on the stupid rattle in my dash.  I gave my car the
"motor mount test" by slightly jacking up the engine and starting the car
and checking for vibration in the cockpit.  Actually, I did this about a
month ago and I had the passenger side mount replaced.  It ended up that
when I had it replaced a year ago, the so called mechanic installed the
mount upside down.The place even advertised themselves as VW motor
rebuilders.  Anyway, I had it replaced somewhere else and it was a big
improvement, but the rattle is still there.  I have a techtonics HD front
motor mount, and the left transaxle mount appears O.K, along with the rear
trans mount.  I just need to accept the fact that the car is loud.  The
magnaflow muffler isn't doing me any favors either...I think I'll upgrade to
the Borla this christmas.
     On another note, is it worth investing in the 50mm manifold?  I don't
have a euro cam or anything, so would it be worth it?  Is there any hp gain
in the manifold by itself, or does it need to be used in combination with
something such as fuel enrichment or a cam?

Thanks,

Aaron
87 16V