I must confess my assine-ness, folks (fuel pump)....

Yup, I am about 80% sure it's the fuel pump now.  Some more things to look
at, but here's why....

1) This is embarrasing.  I had heard the pump lightly whining for many
thousands of miles during driving.  Over the last two weeks it was really
pronounced and of a higher pitch.  Remarkably, this thing got me to MD from
VA for two weekends of work (on the other rocco, which is to replace this
one) without going on me.  All hail, Bosch...  Anyhow, that telltale whine
is a big sign of imminent failure, I know.  I think I just got giddy with
it, thinking it's gone 245k, hell, it's bulletproof.  Shot that illusion
down, though.  Kind of like that late Seinfeld episode where Kramer tries to
see how far he and the carsalesman can get a Saab to go without running out
of gas...  Nonetheless, this ain't a TV episode, so egg is on my face.

2)  Checked wiring (fine).  Think relay is OK (will get a replacement on
Friday).  Tried the IGN On trick, to see if I could here the pump
pressurize.  NO.

So since this thing needs to last me until early January, I think I'll mosey
over to the local pick-n-pull for a pump tomorrow.  Even if it's NOT the
pump, getting another one on is good insurance at this point.  I'll yank a
relay, also.

-PK