From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Matthew Chase
Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2000 3:06 AM
To: Scirocco List
Subject: New Member!

Hello all, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Matt Chase. I live
in NJ. I am restoring a 87 16v.
Here is some of my history:
My first VW was a 86 GTI, I traded that for a 86 Scirocco 16v, moved to
Manhattan and sold that. moved to NJ. Leased my wife a 98 Jetta GLX, and
bought a plain Jane jetta (89) to hold ME over. Bought a House. Sold my
Jetta and bought a 944 (85.5), this became too expensive to play, with so I
sold it and bought a 99 Dodge Ram pickup (318 / 5 SP). My wife's Jetta lease
ran out so we sold that and leased a 2000 Explorer (with Wranglers). All
this time I missed my Scirocco like CRAZY. I've had the craving for an
engine rebuild of ANY kind, so I set out to find another Scirocco.Well I
found one and tore it apart right away!!
You can see the beginning of the project on my website:
www.tylerchase.com/scirocco I plan on keeping the site up to date after the
holidays, but for now I'm too busy ripping my new car apart.
Anyway, I have been monitoring the list for about two months and I've
already learned allot! The level of VW interest, knowledge, and dedication
contained within this list is impressive!!
I am looking for someone in my area who wants to hook up tinker this
winter!! I live in Hunterdon county, NJ near Clinton / Washington. not too
far from Easton PA.
I would also like more info on the SCCA in my area if anyone has any.
Well , Thanks for reading, and I hope to meet you all in person at some
point.
BTW I'll be Thirty in January

M@