Re: 16V purchasing questions

>Another thing...  Part of my plan is to swap over some of the mods from
>my present Scirocco over to whatever the new one is.  I pretty much know
>what'll work and what won't, except for one thing.  I have Bilstein Sport
>shocks/struts (the strut inserts, actually) and H&R springs.  Will I be
>able to simply unbolt the struts from my '82 and bolt them right into a
>16V without having to disassemble the strut assembly?

yes but...

>If it is an easy
>swap, can I expect any significant problems with using a non-16V setup in
>a 16V?

The H&R spring rates are derived from the when Neuspeed was working with
H&R, and Neuspeed / H&R came up with slightly different spring rates for
a 16v Scirocco vs an 8v Scirocco if I remember correctly...not that they
won't fit properly or anything,  just that the front _might_ ride a bit
lower, or lean a bit more on cornering.  Was that a run-on sentence?

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net