How Old??

In answer to question, old very nice, thank you.

OK, ok, I just turned 48 on Guy Fawkes Day. My 13 y/o son and I are waking
the 16V MKII from it's 3 year long slumber in the garage, one little fix at
a time. I'm proud to have him learning with me on such a wonderful
automobile. Er, car.

This beast replaced my '83 GTI, my first and only (so far) new car. Alas, it
was turned into Rabbit Stew by an idiot, errant truck driver. I was in it at
the time, I'm more or less OK, though.

Favorite old VW: My '58 Splittie. It had been a dog house for some years.
When I finished rebuilding it, it sported a 1600 dual-port engine, '65 trans
and gas tank, 12v 'lectrics, and many fond memories.  I learned how to
corner on three wheels with it, had all four wheels up in the air while
"crossing" a stream one day, could race Winnebagos to the Earth Day fairs,
and win! Alas, it broke in half one day. I guess those dogs had a deeper
effect on it than I had figured...

 R    ô¿õ
Antaki

 A child on the farm sees a plane fly overhead and dreams of a faraway
place.
 A traveler on the plane sees the farmhouse and thinks of home. -Carl Burns