Re: cooling problem

If the car has AC and the original upper radiator hose then the little
orifice at the end of the little hose where it meets the coolant bottle
might have some shit in it. I had this problem once witha  customers car. I
cut the orifice out and put the hose back on and havent had any problems
after that. A good way to check this without taking the hose off is to run
the car and look in the coolant bottle and see if there is a little stream
squirting coolant out of the small hose fitting at the top of the bottle. GL

>I have an 88 Scirocco 16V with a cooling problem. There are no coolant
>leaks
>that I can find at all, but all of the sudden (as in, fine one day, next
>day boom) the coolant gets insanely hot after about 15 minutes after a cold
>start. I see no air blockage and the radiator fan turns on just fine like
>it should, but I still overhead. My mechanic replaced the temp sensor and
>is at a loss as to why I'm still overheating. Any suggestions as to what
>else I could check?
>
>--
>Jason T. Nelson <jtn@jtn.cx>
>BOFH Extraordiaire & Sysadmin Ombudsman
>http://www.jtn.cx/~jtn/
>disclaimer: My opinions are my own. Don't bother my employer about them.
>
>--
>Email LIST problems to: scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org. To unsubscibe send

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867