RE: [VW-TDI] TDIs in California (fwd)

> Those TDI's are nothing to sluff at.  They have some real power.  I've been
> thinking about test driving one for the family truckster
>
> Don
> '86 Scirocco

I am extreamly impressed with my 2000 Golf GL TDI.  I have had it since
February, have put 7500 miles on it (which includes a trip from Colorado
to Cali and back).  I have been averaging 40 mpg city (to work and back
every day) and on the Cali trip I got 55mpg doing 85-90 mph most of the
trip.

Unlike my 83 Rabbit Truck Diesel (which was god-awfully slow) this TDI is
pretty quick, it out accelerates my 80 Rocco (1.8 JH, 2H trans, straight
through exhaust, K&N, etc)

Eric
80 Scirocco
81 Scirocco S