RE: Manual Fan switch?

There's a guy here at work with a Honda Hurricane 1000 with a manual fan
switch.  He's constantly boiling over because he forgets to turn on the fan
if he's idling or riding in town.  I'm surprised he hasn't popped the head
gasket yet.  I keep telling him to just put a thermoswitch on it, but he
isn't inclined towards messing with cars or bikes and says it won't be a
problem.  It will.

As others have responded, you will overheat at some point, and replacing a
blown head gasket, etc., is much more expensive and difficult than just
installing a lower temp fan switch from the start.

Aaron
'82 Scirocco
'84 Scirocco
'70 Beetle