Re: Manual Fan switch?

--- Accidi2000@aol.com wrote:
> List,
>    Im going to put in a manual fan switch in my 88 16V
> scirocco, and im just
> wondering and making sure there is nothing i need to know
> or do before i do
> this, i dont want to blow anything up.This would be the
> perfect thing for my
> car, because im in constant stop and go traffic, and i
> could use the fan way
> sooner than when its coming on, i thought about a lower
> temp fan switch but
> it seems like this would be cheaper and better. Also im
> wondering where is
> the easiest place is to get through the firewall, i have
> a couple ideas but
> im always open to more, so if anyone who knows about this
> subject please
> reply. thank you
>
> Aaron Carter
> 88 Scirocco 16V

Aaron,

My advice - DON'T.  You will at some point forget to switch
it on and overheat.  I've had more than one VW that has
been wired this way and it's a huge PITA.

My $.02

=====
Daun Yeagley
'80 Scirocco S,
'82 Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
'91 Passat - parts car?
"...And Morgo, as the friendly Draub." - Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In