Re: Frustrating CIS problem

In a message dated 11/19/00 12:43:32 AM Pacific Standard Time,
tberk@mindspring.com writes:

Have you unplugged the 5th injector?

yup...even removed it to check if it was leaking....

When the plugs have gas, do you then loose spark, so they are wet
because of unburnt fuel?

I don't think so. I was checking for spark with the timing light, and it was
sparking even when it wouldn't start.

Do you have a good working bypass air regulator on the back of the intake?

I think so....but I am also stepping on the gas when I try to start it.
Usually I have to give it a lot of pedal and crank it longer then I should
have to. It will then sputter and start to run ok after a few seconds.

Is there water in the old gas, (I know you diluted it with fresh stuff
but still).

That is possible I suppose. I am more curious about the injector cleaner
stuff I put in there.

Clogged injectors replaced, what about fuel filter?

no, I didn't....but I can't figure out how that would cause me to have too
much fuel...

TBerk

Thanks!

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - uh.....
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)