Re: pics of clear mk2 taillights up...site moved

dynamic IP:

www.dynip.com

was that what you were thinking about?

chrisg

  Andre' Bjorkheim <andreb.mail@gte.net> wrote:

Kevin Collins wrote:

> Andre' Bjorkheim wrote:
>
> > Maybe some of you might now a trick or two.
>
> For hosting pics, why not just do so on a free Geocities site, or any of
> the many other similar services? Gets the job done just as well.

Unless you have a bunch of stuff, megs and megs of stuff, that you
want to host =) Plus its kinda fun to host it off your own machine.
No banners either! People gotta like that. Speed is an issue, but I
ain't running anything major here...

Turns out you can get this neat dynamic DNS stuff that allows you to
update a server with your new IP each time (done automatically), and
that server always changes your record so it points to your machine when
you type in your subdomain in the browser. I will probably end up doing
that.

As far as service, cant complain with my 768/128 connection. Its
been good so far. Cable would be nice but I know of a few people who
dont usually see above 500kbps, while a few others see much higher
speeds. In my area, they are the same price, except with cable I can
only get 1 IP (would have to do a router for more than 1 connection -
currently have 4 internet capable machines at my location), but with my
DSL they just hand out IPs. We had 10 people all on the net with valid
IPs during my last LAN party. =p

Andre'
Lime Green 79
ICQ #76283458