Frustrating CIS problem

Hi...it isn't the roc (haven't gotten there yet), but my 84 GTI #2 that I'm
having the problem with (GTI #1's engine is shot now). Anyway, I haven't
driven this thing in about a year. It has the stock CIS w/Lambda and a high
compression 1.8L. It still has the original electronic ignition (nope, no
knock sensor just yet). I have been fighting with it for a couple days now.
Orignally, I put a fresh battery in it and cranked it up. All was well. Then,
after starting it a few times, it began to run like crap. I went through a
set of plugs, then found the injectors to be clogged. After replacing the
injectors, it ran great. Then, it stumbled and died...and would not restart.
I cranked it for a while, then pulled the plugs to find they were soaked in
gas. Obviously it has flooded out. I replaced the plugs again and got it
started...dialed it in somewhat and then took it to the gas station to fill
er up. Lucky for me! , it's all downhill coming back from the gas station.
After shutting it down, it would not restart...it had flooded out again. I
pulled the plugs and let it dry out when I got home....I got it started
again...it was running okay and I took it around the block. It was fine for a
minute...then it started running like crap. I got it back home, and I
attempted to get it to run better by adjusting the mixture, but it was of no
use. It continued to run crappy...died a couple times. I was able to get it
started again, but had to crank it a lot. It finally would not restart and I
pushed it back into the garage to be messed with tomorrow. So far I have
swapped the fuel distributor, airflow sensor plate, injectors, and warm up
regulator with other ones I had to try and figure this out. I also swapped
the wires, cap, rotor, and coil...just for the hell of it. I'm out of ideas
here...anyone have any info that might help??
PPPLLLLEEEEAAAA! SSSSSSEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - uh.....
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)