Re: Hi, I'm new

 Welcome to the list!

Marie

Hi there! Just thought I'd say hi and tell you about my car in a nutshell -
Bought it in late Sept - high mileage, great body, 1987 Silver 16V Scirocco.
Drove it home (2 hours)(fun, fun fun) where it promptly died and when I
phoned
the last mechanic who worked on it he said it was a cheap fix and really
needed a crankshaft. Priced that locally and have been in the process of
having a 91000km 1992GTI 2.0L engine put in instead. It has been a comedy of
errors - the junk yard delivered a Toyota engine first which set the whole
process back, then the old dead engine got stolen (we wanted the head) and
it
goes on from there... Anyway, the new engine runs fine and now it just needs
rear brakes done and she's back in action. The intent is for my husband to
drag race it, (but keep it street legal for now till it's too old for
emissions tests) - so we will do the normal cam and other breathing/exhaust
stuff. I'm the principal sponsor (???) (I get stuck with the bills), and a
friend who had one wants to do the tuning upgrades, since he never got the
chance to do his own. I have a 1987 diesel Jetta and a 99 TDI New Beetle
too.
I'm old enough to know better, and female with two kids (and a job, thank
goodness!!) This car was way more fun to drive on that two hour trip than
the
Firebirds I had in the 70's, soi I'm really excited about it.(Oops, I date
myself - lots of you guys weren't born yet!) So, thanks in advance for
putting
up with my stupid questions - there are bound to be lots!