Uhaul pissing me off...

Ok, so I made a reservation with Uhaul weeks ago for an auto transport for
my 16v that I pick up tomorrow.  I am in VA, picking it up in Long Island,
NY.  A good 4-5 hour drive.  So I call Uhaul tonight to get a finalization
of it.  Actual conversation as tape-recorded by my size 20 brain:

"I don't have an auto transport here right now"

"But you'll have it tomorrow, right?"

"I can't guarantee what time it will be here."

"Wait.  I am driving up there from VA, and you can't guarantee what time it
will be there?  I won't be there until noon or 1pm.  Will you have it by
then?"

"Like I said, I can't guarantee a time."

"So it could be, like, 5pm or 6pm until it gets there?!?"

"It's possible.  I can't say..."

Can you believe this?  This actually just happened (I am using the List as
my shrink 'force' here).  So I finally called UHaul national center and was
on hold for about 5 minutes while she 'worked it out'.  She says there'll be
one there tomorrow by noon.  We'll see...

My thoughts here: be very careful when dealing with UHaul now.  They have
become very aggressive on the phone for locking in reservations.  I flat out
refused one a few months ago; I checked on the smallest truck and tow dolly
they had for NY to VA one-way.  A whopping $350.  She gave a big ol' speech
about how those dollies are so hard to reserve.  I told her to get real; the
car I am buying only costs $1,000.  Moron.   And they obviously have a
problem with 'promising' things to consumers.  For example, I was told if I
called back the day before the rental (today) that I'd be able to choose a
location in the Port Jefferson area where I could get the transport from.
That was a lie.  Thankfully it's really close to the guy's house, but the
reps are quite good at selling false information.

Next time I am trying Penske or someone else.  F#ck UHaul.

I will report back on Monday how this all went.  Sorry for all the
bitchin'....  But, as you all know, I am pretty hyper about this 16v.

-PK