From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org [mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Casey Webster
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2000 3:53 PM
To: scirocco list; mk1gti@egroups.com; vwoft@egroups.com
Subject: stripped CV bolts (any ideas)

Can anyone help me by telling me how to get these damn things out?  I have 5, yes, 5 stripped CV bolts........This transmission swap has been a huge pain in the ass so far!  I have the new one finally, and it's ready to go in, but I can't get the old one out till I undo the CVs.

I was gonna grind the heads off the bolts, but I don't have enough room to get in there with my grinder.

BTW, this is on an 88 golf

Casey
84 Roc
88 Golf