Re: What seats can I bolt into a Mk 1 Scirocco

In a message dated 11/16/00 8:19:14 AM Pacific Standard Time,
hillcountry@caltel.com writes:

Hi Volks,
I just bought an 81 Scirocco S and was wondering which other VW seats will
fit the frame rails. I'm currently driving a 90 GTI which has great seats,
I've also read that Jetta GLI seats from A2 cars had Recaros in some models.
So which ones will just slide in and what are your recommendations?

Well, pretty much any seats from A1's or A2's will fit. The problem is the
Sciroccos low roof line. If you put a Golf seat in there, your head would
have be sticking out the sunroof. For this reason, your search must be
limited to Scirocco 1, 2, and Corrado seats.

I'm also

looking for any anti-sway bars and strut braces that might be for sale and
will fit my new Scirocco. I;m jazzed to finally have one of these little
rockets.

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - uh.....
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)