RE: changin ze wasserpumpen

<snip Chris>
So what is the procedure for changing the pump?
<end Snip>

I did this not too long ago.  It’s pretty straight forward, but there are a
decent number of pieces in your way.  You’ll have to pull the alternator,
the A/C compressor (don’t disconnect the hoses, just move it out of the
way), the bracket that holds the alt, and the timing belt cover.  Keep in
mind that the new water pump doesn’t include the pulley.  Do yourself a
favor and loosen the pulley bolts *prior* to loosening the water pump belt.
I found that there was enough stuff removed, that it was a good time to
replace the little hoses to the water pump and oil cooler and such.  Mine
weren’t bad, but I didn’t want to have to go through the tear down again to
replace a couple $10 hoses.  Also, if you haven’t done so recently, it’s a
good time to replace your timing belt and motor mount.  Again, you’ll be far
enough into removing all of the things you need to access these parts, so it
’ll save you time/hassle in the long run.  Just my .02.

- Brad
'86.5 Volkswagen Scirocco 16v
'76 International Scout II