Re: changin ze wasserpumpen

> but seriously, I've changed the waterpump on my non a/c '82 before
> (piece o' cake). Problem now is that I have to change the pump on my
> 88 16v (with a/c). So what is the procedure for changing the pump?

  hahahahahaha! oh...you're serious. ahem. well, it's a bit involved
(ask jim jarrett. wait, he watched me.... :)  do you have power
steering? that'll make it even more fun. pretty much you'll have to
remove the alternator (just easier). unbolt the compressor from the
bracket and tie it out of the way. remove the bracket the compressor and
alternator were on and then you *should* be able to get to the
waterpump. you may have to remove the lower timing belt cover (again,
talk to jim). since you've changed it once before, you should know to
possibly have extra waterpump-housing bolts handy and a new thermostat
housing + two o-rings. it's time consuming, but it isn't that bad. good
luck.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com