Cooling for JH in my '82

I'm contemplating installing my JH from my '84 in my '82.  The radiator from
my '84 is shot (PO actually cut the upper hose nipple shorter with a
hacksaw - and it still held pressure!), but the cooling system in my '82 is
in good shape.  Since the upper hose attaches in a different location on the
JH than on the EN, what do people do to install a JH in an '82?  Do they use
a later radiator with overflow?  Do they use a different upper hose?

I haven't even looked at the lower hose yet to see if it's compatible, but I
can't see any problems because the water pump location didn't change.

TIA!
Aaron
'82 Scirocco
'84 Scirocco