Re: UPDATE: tranny 2 shifting probs

You put in an ACN, correct?  This is an A2 transmission.  You'll have to
swap the L-shaped selector rod from your old transmission (9A).  The lower
part of the L on the A1 transmissions is about 1/2" longer.  I had the same
problem when I put in the 2Y from an 88 GTI.  Puzzled the daylights out of
me til I found out the hard way.

Joe

http://profiles.msn.com.