Re: Cylinder wall inspection

If your mechanic has the head off and is replacing the rod beearings its not
that hard to replace the rings while you are in there. Might as well do it
for the assurance of peace of mind. IMHO, buy some Total Seal rings. Just
make sure your mechanic doesnt put them in wet otherwise you will have an
oil burner. HTH

>How much can you tell by doing a visual inspection of the cylinder walls ?
>Is there anyway of checking to make sure that the engine will not burn oil.
>My mechanic is going to replace the rod bearings, and rebuild the head. He
>told me he would visually inspect the walls of the engine, once he has the
>head of. We think that replacing the rings at this rime might me over
>reacting. He found oil in the 1rst and 4rth. cylinder on the manifold...Any
>thoughts....
>
>Jason87vw@nac.net
>

>--
>Email LIST problems to: scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org. To unsubscibe send