Re: Fuel Pump Wiring...

On Sun, 12 Nov 2000 13:34:16 -0500 "Julie Macfarlane"
<juliemac@telenet.net> writes:

> Ok you guys,As the wires leave the fuel pump, they travel up to the
> fuel tank and dissappear. Where do these wires travel to?
The wires travel up and around the tank, and then joins the fuel gauge
sending unit harness.
The harness then continues forward through a grommeted hole in the wall,
in front of the rear seat on the passenger side.
It goes across that wall and then goes forward along the driver's side
rocker panel and up to the fuse/relay panel.

>  Do the wires for the transfer pump and the fuel pump travel to the
> front via the rear wiring harness?
Yes...

On my '79 Scirocco I adapted the transfer pump/sending unit harness from
a 3 wire to a 2 wire, by extracting the terminals out of the 3 wire
connector and into a 2 wire connector that fits the '79 sending unit.
Make sure that you insulate the transfer fuel pump wire really good and
away from the tank.

> Jim just left here a few minutes ago. Really nice to meet you Jim.
> I believe I will target the show in June out at Dauns to have
Fronkenstein
> ready...
Me too...

> the more I think about it a complete re-wire might be needed...
Ya think...

Seriously, that is the only way that you will get that thing to run...
Did you install the A2 fuse panel yet?

> First... More valium
Ask for Xanex next time... <G>

Peter