Re: sway bars / stress bars

> Todd Detwiler wrote:
>
> OK, so there are front and rear sway bars available for my car (mk1
> Scirocco), as well as front upper and lower stress bars and rear
> stress bar. My questions are, 1. Which mk1s came with sway bars
> stock?, and 2. Which of these items are definite "must haves" and
> which are "could do withouts"?, and 3. If you had to put these in the
> order in which you would buy them, what order would that be?
>
> Thanks,
> Todd
>
> PS I have a used lower front stress bar coming, I don't have the rest.

1. Front Upper & Lower Stress bars as a set. Must have. A1 Chassis flex.
2. Front Lower & Rear Sway bars as a set. Recommended. Tilt not so bad
w/o, if good tires.

3. Rear Stress bar.  Nice, but trades off usable space for limited gains.

If you really, really need the rear stress bar you might as well invest
in a quality roll cage.

TBerk